Thursday, October 25, 2007

It's true

“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.”

—Sylvia Plath

2 comments:

Brian Hurley said...

"Sylvia Plath is kind of a downer. But she's right. I just wish she would say something like, 'and that's okay by me!' at the end of a quote like this. Because it's one thing to state the awful truth, and it's quite another thing to suggest a way to cope with it."

-Brian Hurley

Carrie M said...

You are too much of an optimist. Not all sentiments can (or should) be tied up in a cute little package. I think this quote has an inherent challenge to the reader to make peace with this fact or to overcome it. At least, that's how I take it.

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness